Hello and Happy Monday,
Today I want to share with you that I am in the midst of an anxiety/panic attack. It has kept me up for most of last night and despite my efforts to breathe and practice yoga it only subsides for short moments. I am very good at putting on a good face, in fact, I taught yoga this morning and I'm sure my practitioners didn't even know. So, in my practice of this discipline, I am choosing, to be completely honest with you all.
Yoga and writing about yoga is an incredible gift for me. I get to share what I have been taught and try my best to put it into daily practice. Sometimes, the practice is easy and fun. And sometimes the practice hits me hard and I realize that despite my desires for helping others, I come first. As much as I wanted to write to you all about pratyahara, I know that spending time on me is more important. And as much as I want to apologize for that sentence, I know that in order for me to grow, I cannot.
Why am I in the middle of this?:
- Life feels overwhelming
- My plate is very full
- I feel like I can't get the things done that I think "need" to be done
- Negative bias is a real thing that we get stuck in.
I know these things:
- I will be ok! More than ok - I don't get these often, but they are reminders of how wonderful my life truly is.
- I always show up - I get things done.
- I could become better at remembering how awesome I am
- We need to put ourselves first. It doesn't matter what others think, you matter the most!
- Keep being authentic and honest - admitting anxiety doesn't make me weak - it makes me stronger.
- Keep practicing the yoga - all the yoga, the philosophy, the postures, and pass it on.
- Be kind - everyone is going through something.